We appreciate the continuing concern and uneasiness that some of you may be feeling regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. In response to ACT Health advice we are open and remain able to offer our full range of appointments. Some of our appointments must be triaged to determine the priority for each appointment. We ask for your understanding as we try to give all our patients the highest level of care possible that is appropriate to your situation.
10 January 2022
On Monday this week (11/05/2020) ACT dental practices moved to COVID-19 Level 1 restrictions and Corinna St Orthodontics can now offer our full range of orthodontic procedures. However, we MUST continue to comply with social distancing and minimise the number of people in the practice. This is for your safety and is mandated by the ACT Government to protect you, your families and our staff. Generally, you will no longer receive an individual phone call to confirm appointments. However, please ensure we have an up to date mobile number to send SMS reminders.
- Only one accompanying parent with child patients will be permitted in the practice. Upon arrival, please use the CBR Check in and hand sanitiser provided.
- All visitor 12 years and over must wear a face mask at all times in the practice. For visitors under the age of 12, wearing a face mask is encouraged.
- Patients and accompanying parent may have their temperature taken and recorded with a forehead non-contact thermometer.
- You may be asked to complete a “Wellness Screen” on an iPad. The answers to this questionnaire apply to each person visiting the practice and must be completed before any patient can be admitted into the clinical area. Only patients will be permitted into the clinical area. Following your child’s appointment, a member of staff or myself will come out to the reception area to pass important information. It is regretted that we cannot have accompanying family in the clinical area as this exceeds our physical distancing limits.
- It is important to remain vigilant to the possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days you must not come to your appointment; please contact us by phone or email to reschedule.
- If you have a fever, cough or other respiratory flu-like symptoms you must not come to an appointment. You must ring your doctor or call ‘Healthdirect’ on 1800 022 222 to seek medical assistance.
Additional signs of potential COVID-19 infection have been advised by the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer
- Breathing difficulties
- The sudden onset of a loss of smell or taste
- The onset of aching muscles or joints
- The onset of gastro-intestinal symptoms
In some instances we may continue to offer advice and guidance by phone or email. If you are unsure about what to do or have any concerns, please contact us by phone, email or by contacting your treating medical or dental practitioner. We look forward to continuing to provide you with professional care.
All of us at Corinna St Orthodontics wish you the best of health and a rapid moving on from COVID-19. We apologise for this necessary disruption to your orthodontic journey and look forward to a resumption of ‘business as usual’ as soon as possible.